Wednesday 8 June 2011

Garmin 310XT

If your a Runner no matter which distances you run, you will want to get yourself a Garmin Forerunner. I've been running for over 13 years & I've used Nike, Casio & Timex Iron Man watches through my Two Oceans and Comrades Marathons but nothing compares to the new Garmin Technology.

I recently bought myself a Garmin 310XT & it has made my running so much more enjoyable. I get to plot my races on the Internet, i don't have to worry about looking out for km boards in races so I have to punch in my time at every km board. It's literally start / stop...that's it! The watch does the rest.

How it works!
It gets a satellite signal so it knows exactly Where you are running. No more guessing how many km's you run during training because it measures you distance when you run. It also has a Virtual Pace setter which enables you to compete against the computer to see if you can outrun him :-) All your races or training runs can be logged onto the Garmin website for viewing. It breaks down your run per km, gives you an aerial view of the streets you ran in, street names, your gradients, speed per km, averages per km and you can play your entire race back and relive the experience on the Internet. Those are just a few examples of what the watch does...it does LOADS more.





The Garmin 310XT can be used for cycling, swimming, road running, triathlons etc

I have nothing but praise for this piece of exercise equipment and if you are reading this and wanting to start serious running, then Garmin is the way forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment